Dando: Hipster or Hippy?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.

Evan Dando

Brilliant Songwriter
43%
Guilty Pleasure
14%
Alterna-Hunk
14%
Worthless Drugged Up Next Gen Hippy
29%

Total votes: 7

clairequilty

Dando: Hipster or Hippy?

Post by clairequilty »

I happen to be of the op that Dando is a brilliant songwriter, but he seems so overlooked. I'd be interested in others' opinions.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

I think Evan has his ups and downs but occasionally is a very good songwriter indeed.
I am not completely familiar with his whole catalogue, but It's A Shame About Ray and Come On Feel The Lemonheads are both excellent records.
Are his recent solo outings any good ?
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

Anyone who writes stuff like "If I was a booger, would you pick your nose?" is OK in my book. And he's a good interpreter of others' material too. "Sam Stone" is a favourite.
What this world needs is more silly men.
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

invisible Pole wrote:I think Evan has his ups and downs but occasionally is a very good songwriter indeed.
I am not completely familiar with his whole catalogue, but It's A Shame About Ray and Come On Feel The Lemonheads are both excellent records.
Are his recent solo outings any good ?
I think his solo Baby Im Bored is great.

Also, if you don't have Car Button Cloth, the last Lemonheads disc, I'd strongly suggest it. I think it's by far his best.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

How about Julianan Hatfield and The Blake Babies?
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

Well that's another story all together, isn't it?

As soon as there are more than 10 responses to the Evan poll, then we'll worry 'bout Juliana.