For Serial Killers, they're really very nice

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

For Serial Killers, they're really very nice

Post by mood swung »

I had the great pleasure yesterday of meeting face-to-face two actual live board members. Mr. Oily Slick and his very lovely wife and family journeyed down this way and Sp00ks, Mr. Sp00ks and two of the kids, were in the neighborhood on family business, so we had a family reunion down by the river. It was a hot day and the river felt great to the kids. Unfortunately, the heat also brought out about 10,000 rednecks who couldn’t find movie money or maybe Deliverance wasn’t showing, but into each life a little rain must fall. I sat in a chair, ate KFC, drank cheap beer and listened. I’ve been reading this message board in its various incarnations for about a year now, and I think in my head I’ve kind of pictured you all a little bit like your avatars (the photos have helped there), but I’ve read your words and I put together an idea of what you must be like. So yesterday was a sort of epiphany of recognition for me and at the end of the evening I felt like I was saying goodbye to old friends. Sp00ky’s photos don’t do her justice. She is absolutely lovely. If and when, and I think it’s coming soon, Mr. Slick posts some photos, you’ll be amazed and astounded that such a debonair gentleman lives in a tree! And there is some resemblance to those photos he’s posted already. And such lovely families!! Our kids had a ball with them all. My nine year old summed it up like this: ‘I made four new friends. And one of them was a girl!!’
So, thanks, Sp00ks and Slick. It was fun. It was real. So I guess it was real fun! And especially thanks to Mr. Sp00ks and Mrs. Slick for sharing their vacation time and their spouses. Same time next year? 8)
Like me, the "g" is silent.
A rope leash

All-points bulletin

Post by A rope leash »

They weren't headed this way, were they? They didn't have a list of handwritten names did they? What did you do, just kind of play along?

Have you made any sketches? What, no photos? I'll keep my eyes peeled...
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

yeah, I just played along, rope. They left here with a case of Alpo, some hot dogs and a bottle of antifreeze. They didn't have a list exactly, but they did seem to be after one particular animal....Watch out for the minivans from hell!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

"debonair", now that is a first! can't you just feel the pent up interest in this memorable afternoon about to blow? "you mean to say all 3 of those 7-seat chrysler products started after setting there for several hours?" who had the damn camera? what great fun and a dandy and tolerant group are those spouses and kids!
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting back to this yet, Mood. Seems as though so much has happened after I got back last week - one kid had an orthodontic appliance put in, sent the hubby off on a business trip, got the other two kids back from Joel's ex, etc. etc. But I just can't tell you how much it meant for us to finally meet such wonderful people in a wonderful place.

Most definately, same time next year!!! Anybody else want to come join us?

Perhaps I will post more pics. :)