RANK YOUR FAV. COSTELLO SONGS!! '77-'86

Pretty self-explanatory
Extreme Honey

RANK YOUR FAV. COSTELLO SONGS!! '77-'86

Post by Extreme Honey »

Allrighty then thanks to all of you who posted their fav. albums...I'll have the scores up somedayt his week. Well, you know what's coming next right?? YOU BETCHA! It's time to rank your favourite Costello Songs! Rank your favourite Costello songs from MAIT to BAC (I'll do part 2 some other time). All songs (even songs made during that time but released later) can be chosen. You must pick only 5 (I know it's hard...) and the scoring system is like last time: 5 points for number 1 song, 4 for number 2, etc. I hope this will be a large thread 'cus there's a lot of songs (thank god). I expect Oliver's Army, Everyday i write the book and Pump it Up to be top contendors, but you never know! Allrighty people, POST RIGHT NOW (I love this stuff, kinda gives you a beleif you're sane)!
Here are mine:
1.Brilliant Mistake
2.Shipbuilding
3.Beyond Beleif
4.From a whisper to a scream
5.Secondary Modern
(There's a bit of everything here...as you can see I prefer everything over Get happy!! although it's a good album I think Trust is the album when Elvis made a musical "switch" and simply became the best! He also stopped doing drugs at this point)

Allright people, post today!
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

Seeing that Pump it Up isn't even in the top 5 on the ranking list of This Years Model I doubt that's gonna feature too heavily, but you may be right.

This is so difficult I'm actually questioning my sanity for trying, but here goes:

1. New Lace Sleeves
2. Beyond Belief
3. Riot Act
4. Shipbuilding
5. King Horse

...and a Top Ten would probably be:
6. Sleep of the Just
7. Blue Chair (esp. 7" version)
8. Hoover Factory
9. Accidents Will Happen
10. Lipstick Vogue
What this world needs is more silly men.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

Impossible! I once made a compilation for a friend (not exactly legal, but it was for a just cause trying to get him interested in E.C, and it worked ;)) and I had huge problems trying to pick just 20 songs from -77 to -84

But here goes. I can't possibly rank these from 1 to 5, so I'll just rank them as I come up with them:

1. Beyond Belief
2. The Imposter
3. I Stand Accused
4. Welcome To The Working Week
5. Uncomplicated
RinghioStarr

Post by RinghioStarr »

This requires some thought.
RinghioStarr

Post by RinghioStarr »

Are covers allowed in the ranking?
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

All songs from -77 to -87 allowed. Even recently released demos or such (on re-releases). That includes covers. Just post whatever you have, even a top ten if you must (because I don't think this thread will get much attention). I think it would be easier to makea top ten list (everything after #4 gets 1 point). So keep 'em coming!
RinghioStarr

Post by RinghioStarr »

1. Imagination Is A Powerful Deceiver
2. Invisible Man
3. Little Savage
4. Withered And Died
5. Girls Talk
Unexpected No.4

Post by Unexpected No.4 »

This aint easy!! But here goes, although I'm sure I'll proberly change my mind later:
1.SHABBY DOLL
2.RIOT ACT
3.CHELSEA
4.SHIPBUILDING
5.OUR LITTLE ANGEL

...and those who just missed out...
6.BEYOND BELIEF
7.LIPSTICK VOUGE
8.UNCOMPLICATED
9.SENIOR SERVICE
10.THE GREATEST THING

I could go on & on, just too many :D