Six Feet Under

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

miss buenos aires wrote:I was thinking about it, and I bet someone major is going to die this season, maybe in the series finale. I hope it's Nate, he annoys me to no end. And then Maya could be raised by Keith and David, and maybe grow up not totally fucked up.
Blue & I were talking about this last night... I think someone major is going to die too, though i was thinking more Billy or Ruth. The suicide thing is definitely possible - I just hope he doesn't try to take Claire with him. I used to like Claire, and I hope if/when she ditches Billy she'll go back to her old self.

I like George's daughter too - but I really hope they don't let much happen between her and Nate. That would just annoy me to no end. Way too predictable.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I really liked this week's episode. The opening sequence with the guy savouring over the can of peaches was great.

Was the young kid David wanted to adopt the same child actor who played the young Ray Charles in Ray?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Claire's musical number was a hoot.

I like this show so much better on Sunday night. We hadn't seen Monday's episode, so we doubled up and watched them back to back.

FYI, Lauren Ambrose was interviewed by Terry Gross on "Fresh Air" last week:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=4731531
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I hate Nate right now. What a jerk. Can't he stay faithful for two seconds?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

miss buenos aires wrote:I hate Nate right now. What a jerk. Can't he stay faithful for two seconds?
Did I miss something?
miss buenos aires

His whole weird relationship with Maggie, I hate. Also hate how he completely twisted her touching story about her son to try to convince Brenda to get the amnio.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

miss buenos aires wrote:His whole weird relationship with Maggie, I hate. Also hate how he completely twisted her touching story about her son to try to convince Brenda to get the amnio.
Yeah, the Maggie relationship is not my favorite plot-line - I could see it coming about 1000 miles away. But saying that he's been unfaithful may be taking it a bit far. Hope it doesn't go there.

Brenda is a misery. They really don't belong together, do they?
miss buenos aires

He almost kissed her at his birthday party, and last week he said, "Want to come over? Brenda and Maya are out," or something like that. I bet you ten dollars that he will at least kiss her or try to kiss her before the series is over.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

I'm with ya, Miss BA...I'm not so happy with Nate either. I find myself liking Brenda more and more, though. It's really strange to see how different she is from her former self. Though I suppose you could say that about every character on this show.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

miss buenos aires wrote:He almost kissed her at his birthday party, and last week he said, "Want to come over? Brenda and Maya are out," or something like that. I bet you ten dollars that he will at least kiss her or try to kiss her before the series is over.
Sorry, I'm not taking that bet. It's gonna happen. I think he inviited her over for dinner when Brenda was there. Remember, George came as well and Nate went off on him.

Still a great show. Too bad it's all going to be over in a few months.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

RedShoes wrote:I'm with ya, Miss BA...I'm not so happy with Nate either. I find myself liking Brenda more and more, though.
Hmm. Can't stand her. It says something about the quality of SFU that people can feel so differently about the characters - or maybe that says something about us? There's not much black and white - lots of shades of grey. Very well-written show.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Hmm. Can't stand her. It says something about the quality of SFU that people can feel so differently about the characters - or maybe that says something about us? There's not much black and white - lots of shades of grey. Very well-written show.
I go back and forth between liking and being really uncomfortable by her. This season I like her. She <i>seems</i> to have sorted through all of her past issues, and is at least trying to deal with things in a rational way now. I like that. She's evolved.
miss buenos aires

Well, did anyone else see the latest episode? Was that a punishment straight from God, or what?

And I must say, I think Brenda's take on Quakerism is all wrong, but I get her take on Nate's take on Quakerism.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Random SFU-related thought: My sister and I were in line at a Starbucks in SF last week in front of the guy who played Arthur ...

I couldnt remember his real name, but he looks exactly the same in person as he does on the show.
Helios

Post by Helios »

Miss BA, your post on the prior page may be more on the money. What a turnaround that Brenda is the sympathetic character, now. Maggie is somewhat of a weasel herself. His late wife was sort of a mix of the two. Something says this may not be all he gets for killing a mockingbird, or that snake from a couple seasons back.
tallulah

Post by tallulah »

I hope they follow through on the twist of last week. Interesting that there were no scenes for this weeks, eppy. I will be curious to see what happens next - seems like a good idea to me (am not spelling it out in case people have not seen last weeks yet).
And I was happy to be alive, in a magic world.
miss buenos aires

WELL?

I refuse to believe that I am the only one who watched it last night!
miss buenos aires

This is what Salon had to say about the original collapse:
Ha ha! Narm, damn it! Feel like being grouchy to your mom? Feel like snapping at your kids? Feel like fucking your secretary? Feel like beating yourself up for every single neurotic thought in your head? Narm! The end is near. Narm! Better have another slice of pizza. Narm! Better be nice to the people who put up with you. Narm! Better walk the dog. Better have another glass of wine. Better turn off the TV set.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I have two episodes to catch up on, so don't give too much away.
miss buenos aires

Who Shot Sam? wrote:I have two episodes to catch up on, so don't give too much away.
Don't read the Six Feet Under thread if you haven't seen the latest episodes! We can't just wait around with our thumbs up our asses, waiting for everyone to catch up!

Although apparently, everyone can but me.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

The series is due to start around here in a few weeks, but thanks to the bloody 'net I've just read about the Nate characters demise while surfing google news. Great-not!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Yep, I just stumbled across it too, martin. Can't say I'm surprised.

Poor Nate! (cue torrent of abuse)
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Blue and I are dreadfully behind...we have two episodes backlogged that we probably won't be able to watch until Sunday! *sniff*
miss buenos aires

I hear you, shatterproof. It was also, like, narrative arc-wise, it wouldn't make any sense for him to survive. He already had the brush-with-death-causes-you-to-reexamine-your-life thing a few years ago, and he became the same selfish narcissist. He got a second chance, and didn't change, so off he goes. Poor Brenda. I hope she gets Maya.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

miss buenos aires wrote:Poor Brenda. I hope she gets Maya.
I hope not. I always got the sense that she did her mommy thing with Maya under duress. Give Maya to Keith and David - problem solved! :wink:

Guess I'm the lone member of the Nate Fisher fan club, though, to be fair, I haven't seen the two most recent episodes. Give the guy an effing break - brain surgery, losing his wife in some creepy quasi-incestual murder situation, the uncertainty about Maya's parentage, which I hadn't considered until it came up early this season. He's got a right to be fucked up.

P.S. ...HAD a right to be fucked up.