My weekend in Atlanta where I met Taz and saw Joe Jackson

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

My weekend in Atlanta where I met Taz and saw Joe Jackson

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, after my string of bad luck lately, this was a nice change of pace!

It was a fabulous weekend! Joe Jackson and his original band put on a hell of a show and they were thrilled to be there - literally. It was the first time I ever remember being in a crowd where I felt like I was really inside of one of those "live" albums. The crowd was wild and the band was hot. My husband was ecstatic to finally see him in person. Sulky - you're in for a real treat in a few days!!!

And I was very fortunate to meet Taz at the show, who was unfortunate enough to be called into work just before the first encore. He is a tall good-looking guy and a real sport to have started this site for us. I still owe you a beer Taz and I'll be back to Atlanta to buy it for you sometime!

The show was at the Roxy, which only holds about 1,500 people - part standing on the floor and part balcony seats. I chose to sit this time, but got great shots with my digital camera. Here are a couple of shots I got with my zoom:

taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

The show was absolutely awesome...not being a big Joe Jackson fan I wasn't sure what to expect but was very impressed with the entire effort. The guitar player on office-chair wheeling around stage was definitely a highlight.

Was so glad to meet Spooky and her husband, definitely look forward to you guys coming back to town!!!
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.