Simpsons Third Season DVD set out tomorrow

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Simpsons Third Season DVD set out tomorrow

Post by BlueChair »

I'm particularly excited about this DVD release. 4 DVD's included. I didn't bother with the first two seasons, but this one excites me. Many critics and fans alike consider the third season to be where everything fell into place.

Season 3 included such classics as:

Stark Raving Mad (guest-starring an uncredited Michael Jackson)
Flaming Moe's
Burns Verkaufen Der Kraftwerk (the one where Mr. Burns sells the power plant to Germans)
Homer At The Bat (guest-starring all those early 90's baseball greats)
Colonel Homer (Homer manages a country singer, played by Beverly D'Angelo)
Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes? (the first appearance of Homer's half brother, played by Danny DeVito)

And lots of other great episodes! All 24 episodes from the third season, plus audio commentary on each episode and other fun bonuses!
Last edited by BlueChair on Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Wahoo! This was arguably their best season and it has a personal resonance because it was also around this time that I became an avid, avid Simpsons fan.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

This has actually been a topic of discussion around my house and a hint at a birthday present for me - since my birthday is on Saturday. My hubby and kids purchased Seasons 1 & 2 and have been watching them religiously. The oldest child here is 14, so amazing that she is the same age as the show. :)

Oh yeah, we will be buying this one. :)
Last edited by spooky girlfriend on Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Aaagh! It doesnt come out in the UK for a couple more weeks...natch! I cannae wait!

You know what BlueChair..I am as tired of seing the first series with its dodgy animation and corny voiceovers (lets all buy some frosty chocolate milkshakes, aye carumba, etc) as anyone, but having bought the 2 first boxsets, I seriously can't reccomend them highly enough...the commentaries by Groening et al are really funny and insightful.

One thing that peeves me is the time they're taking to release all these sets... I mean, we're on season 16 or somthing on tv, so by that rate I'll be 35 before we get to see today's episodes on dvd :shock:

I still haven't seen the episode with EC either, but thats because of the stupid scheduling in the uk whcih dictates for every new episode shown, 20 repeats have to be shown! Doh!
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Correction:

The first appearance of Homer's half brother is in Season two, episode "O Brother Where Art Thou?" It's one of the best episodes ever, which is why you should absolutely bother with season 2.

P.S. My season 3 came in the mail today. Don't know what I did, but Woohoo!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Noise, you dog!!! :o

Laughingcrow: I must agree with Noise - please bother with season 2. And I'll be 39 on Saturday, so I'd be really ancient by the time all the seasons come out on DVD. :wink:
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

The "Flaming Moe's" episode holds a special place in my heart, because when it came out, I had a crush on a boy named Moe, in that way that only fourteen-year-old girls can have a crush on someone. He was a senior, too. Anyway, the scene where everything anyone says comes out as, "moe moe moe moe moe moe"...I'm sure you can see where I'm headed with this one.

When I actually got to know Moe, I found out he was a complete idiot, and a control freak and a racist to boot. The crush died a natural death.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I just picked up the DVDs on my lunch break. Mmm....

now I just have to get through the rest of my work day and tonight I'll be able to watch some Simpsons on DVD. Yeah!