Where have heard momofuku?

Pretty self-explanatory
arcadecline

Where have heard momofuku?

Post by arcadecline »

I am studying in a Borders Bookstore in Sacramento Ca. They are blasting Momofuku!
martinfoyle

Re: Where have heard momofuku?

Post by martinfoyle »

Good for you. The album has just about zero presence in Dublin. HMV has a few copies in the EC section, no promotional display, no copies in Tower or just about anywhere else. The independent store where I ordered a copy just to give them a sale hasn't got it yet. EC's only presence around here these days is on 80's oldies shows where, ironically, the hits from PTC & GCW get plays. An industry person today told me that a former business associate of EC's around here regrets this, and thinks Elvis should have stuck with Jake Riviera. Too bad. Still, while expected a new album this year, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is, maybe we could be in for another surprise around here as well.
John

Post by John »

My house and my car! Nowhere else.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone in the UK or Ireland has heard even a mention of Momofuku on any radio or tv station.

Maintaining Radio Silence from now on?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I rarely drive and when I do my ancient banger has a cassette machine, so was happy to bring the CD on a trip in a work car this weekend but then mightily pissed off to find when I reached to put it on that I couldn't play it cos the CD has taken up residence in the CD player in the kitchen! I'm driving the car again in the morning across town. Some major roadworks indicate a high likelihood of traffic delays. Yay! Should get to play most of the CD before I arrive...
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
woz

Post by woz »

There is a radio station 100.3 "The Sound" here in L.A. that has a new format that I'm still trying to figure out.

Well, as I'm driving around this past Saturday they followed up an older Elvis song that I missed with No Hidding Place. This was the only time I've heard any Elvis song from Momofuku on any L.A. radio station.

Cheers.
Otis Westinghouse

Well the traffic was annoyingly clear, but I managed up to 'Harry Worth'. It does sound great in a car! Volume 8 was too damn loud, volume 7 was insipid. Why don't cars have half sizes? The drums on 'Turpentine' just sound great at loud volume.
wardo68

Re: Where have you heard momofuku?

Post by wardo68 »

I heard "Harry Worth" in a Borders Books store yesterday.
martin

Post by martin »

Mark Lamarr and Jo Brand played a track on Radio 2 yesterday morning. It's the first time i've heard it on the radio anywhere! They are both big Costello fans though.

Come on Leeds !!
Otis Westinghouse

Which track did they play?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Indigo Books & Music on Bay St. in Toronto (the location where I saw Leonard Cohen & Ron Sexsmith sing together outside) was playing the record the other day. I've also heard XM Radio play "Mr. Feathers" and "Harry Worth."
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
colrow26

Post by colrow26 »

Otis westinghouse wrote "Which track did they play?
Track played by Mark Lamaar on BBC Radio 2 Saturday was Go Away - and it sounded fantastic!!
...I want him to hurt...